Sunday, December 22, 2019

Trumps impeachment and what that means for the US

What now?
On December 18th, the house decided to call for the impeachment of the president of the United States, Donald Trump. After a long day of debating reasons to impeach, the house of representatives successfully voted on impeaching trump. For the process to go through though, the senate has to approve of it and because of the senate being composed of mostly republicans and rich white people, the impeachment is probably not going to pass.
 That means that until the next election and the 2020-2024 presidency, we will have a man who will make our name worse with our neighbouring countries but we might also have more business or defence because of him. Who knows? I certainly cannot predict the future and I don't even know if my opinion on the future or the president is right but I know we will have to pick up some type of mess after these next 5 years.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I think I understand your perspective on this. I think that the media is just going to have an absolute storm with this topic. To me what I am mainly worried about is how some people are going to misuse the media. I really don't think people understand how powerful the media can be. I think that some people might spread false information and other people will believe it without even checking if it's true. This problem is so bad that Instagram has had to implement a Fact Checker into their software just to help combat this issue. To me that is just insane. I really hope that people will use their media powers wisely.

    ReplyDelete