Sunday, December 8, 2019

Ads: What are their future with grabbing peoples attention?

In the world we live in, there is no doubt that everywhere we look, something is being advertised. "BOLD!" "TREAT YOURSELF!" But have you ever caught yourself tuning out those video montages of the words "NEW" in black in white? It is the best experience ever. I think that with the coming of the digital age, we will develop a tolerance for ads and not be distracted by them anymore. But what would that make places like times square for locals?
20 years from now, we could be locals to time square and just be able to tune out the insanely annoying mascots and flashing lights and what could that mean for our society? could it mean an end to corporate companies? Or a new evolution to advertisements.

4 comments:

  1. Damn, this is interesting. I definitely agree and think that overtime we are going to just tune out the different ads that we are constantly bombarded with. Personally in my opinion I believe this will bring an evolution of new ads. As we saw in "The Persuaders" as soon as saying "This product is the best and does this better than this" stopped working ads had to switch and start building cults of followers in order to keep customers coming. I think this is the way human kind's relationship with media will go in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked reading this blog. After watching the frontline video in class I was really able to follow what you were saying and understand what you were displaying. I think we already do live in the time were we are able to block out ads though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The advertisement industry will be always looking for ways to stand out from the crowd. So I think that we will eventually see new forms of advertisement as the time changes. I already don't pay attention to most ads I see on social media, and there hasn't been to much that has stuck out to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, especially now with our lessons we are learning in critical thinking, ads will never go away, even if they do, they'll just manifest themselves into something else that basically does the exact same thing. I enjoyed how simple and straight to the point your article was, it was very well written brother.

    ReplyDelete