Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Reflection

Oh boy, the end of the year, a time to move on. But what I have learned in this class I will take with me for the rest of my days if I can remember it. over the semester, we learned how to deal with ads with the aspects of a critical thinker. We also learned how to take in media messaging from the news and other sources and interpret the messages put out by them which influence society. We learned what cool was through videos and also learned how companies ruin that sense of cool by pouncing on it and killing it. I think this class has made me conscious of my media usage, but I choose to do nothing about it because it makes dopamine and I like dopamine. It impacts my life extremely as it does everyone in this generation. I feel like I constantly am wanting to be on my phone especially when doing homework. I think that I have always been subconsciously aware of my media decisions because whenever I watch ads now, I can instantly tell their pitch. So I guess I can say that I have gotten a bit more media literate. I am also to translate those ideas into words that my parents understand because they don’t get it at first. My parents are, however, educated consumers because they know what they need and what they don’t need. I think that rubbed off on me. This is called being an educated consumer. Being an educated consumer is extremely important because we, the people, decide how to spend our money and keep these businesses above water. We also have the ability to destroy these companies by boycotting them. I think that by keeping this log, I was able to pay attention to the media and study what advertisers are doing to attract new viewers and consumers and that was very helpful in me developing a sense of what is happening in the world. I also believed that this helped contradict the media blog about us not being attracted to the media and losing our focus of the companies showing us their products with flashing lights and different appeals.

No comments:

Post a Comment